Monday, May 18, 2009

May 2-4 Weekend

The long weekend finally came and the weather started to get warmer. I couldn't wait to get out of the city. Sue and I ventured out east (about 2 hours drive) to an area with a bunch of towns called the Prince Edward County. It's become the up and coming wine area with about 18 vineyards today with the first ones started in early 2000. It also seems that a lot of artists has settled into the area....what a great combo! We booked the B&B where Rob & I stayed 3 yrs ago called the Bee & Bee B&B (really!!). The people are so hospitable - breakfast was amazing and it was fun chatting with other guests. We shared good food, travel stories...India, Thailand, Nepal, Quebec, even Ontario. I thought, this is just great for the soul. Sue and I drove around the county wine-tasting (no we didn't get drunk), stopping by several art studios (we bought some beautiful and unique ceramic pieces) and came across 56 acres of asparagus farm. We were in luck as it's asparagus season so we came back with 5 lbs asparagus!

1 comment:

  1. what do you mean you didn't get drunk! you were in the wine county! AH ... I think I'll have to go with you guys next time :)

    ReplyDelete