Monday, February 8, 2010

Day 4 in Bogota

Miriam and I went to the Sunday artisan market and had a great time shopping and checking out all the handmade arts and crafts. It was tempting to buy everything but of course, we were limited funds and suitcase space! In the end, we came home with some silver (2 pairs of earings each), a leather belt and some nice small serving bowls made out of coconut shells sitting on pewter. In the evening, I cooked a Chinese meal for the family. Miriam had hinted the idea of me cooking as her in-laws would really appreciate it so I was prepared with my ingredients packed in my suitcase from TO! Her brother-in-law and wife came over for dinner as well. I made 2 dishes - sweet and sour ribs and brocolli/cauliflower with beef on top. I know it would put my mother to shame to serve 2 dishes to 5 guests!

Ohyea, back to the cars and traffic. I was told that on Sundays, a lot of the main streets in the city are closed on one side for bikers and walkers. So all the traffic is diverted to other streets. How cool is that! It´s to encourage exercising for people that can´t afford gym memberships and for families to spend time together and leave the car at home! Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment