Monday, February 27, 2012

Back in YVR

Well I never thought it would happen...moving back to Vanness Avenue after all these years (11 to be exact!). I've spent the last few weeks since arriving on Feb 12th setting up the basement suite so it's liveable and self-contained. So far, I've scrambled up some kitchen stuff from upstairs - things my mother has not used in 20 years (!!)...small appliances, cutlery and pots and pans. My clothes are still in suitcases sitting in the living room but at least I have a bed to sleep on! As you can imagine, it is a huge adjustment living under my parents roof again. I've come to realize that no matter how old you are, they are still your parents and you are still their child. They will always want to know if you have eaten, have you locked the doors, where you are going, and why are you going out so late (at 6:30 pm!!). Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment