Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Hut! Ho!

The last time I paddled was about 5 years ago in Toronto and I never thought I'd get back into the water again.  I guess I should never say never!  Liezel told me about an outrigger club she's joining,  a non-competitive one, and so I looked into it and automatically signed up without a second thought.  I was in the water lastnight for the first time with the club.  I was worried that I'd forgotten how to paddle!  At first everything seemed foreign.  I could not change on the 'ho' in time and kept banging my paddle against the boat.  I was sitting in seat 5 and was glad that no one can can see my horrible technique except the coach (steering).  He did not seem to notice and kept calling out drills "80 for 2 mins, then 100 for another 2....then race piece".  Yikes!  Needless to say, I am pretty sore today all over!!  Thank goodness Rob arrives this week - I need a massage badly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment