Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Not Really a Vacation

It was my brother's idea before I left TO to take my mom on a trip for her to visit some family and friends in Phoenix and L.A. while he stayed at home with my dad.  Obviously, it was a different type of trip than what I'm used to.  My mother invited my aunt so I travelled with two seniors in their mid-70s.  Luckily I was able to coordinate with my cousin John in Sanfran to join us in Phoenix with his family so he can also visit his parents (in Phoenix).  It was really nice to hang out with them and the kids!  Temperature was awesome and I even had a free day to hang out at the pool while the "seniors" went on a bus trip to the casino. 

L.A. was a little stressful as I was the DD and navigator.  Eventhough I rented a GPS, it took me awhile to figure it out as it was my first time using one!    My mom had a list of old friends to visit.  I'll never forget the one couple we met at a seniors home.  They obviously knew my mom well - there was a b&w photo which looked like an elementary class photo with my mom (!) on their wall and another photo with a group of people in front of our house from a few years back.  The man told me they all knew each other from school...and that because he failed a grade, he was able to meet his wife, "hahahha".  How cute is that?!   

Thank goodness, I was able to escape on occasion to visit my HK-gf Steph who was packing to move to Sanfran.  She forwarned me before I left.."you migh have to help me pack, hahaha".  She was not kidding!!  I was driving around, with the assistance of the GPS, picking up bubble wrap, dinner to heat up at their home and cupcakes for the kids.  We spent hours packing and cleaning up.  I even had kid-duty to help feed and bathe the kids!  No, Steph...you'll never hear the end of this, ha! 


 Last day with cousin John's kids, Samantha and Preston


The Seniors (mom is second from the right)


Girls taking a break from packing!

No comments:

Post a Comment