I've been lucky to have many visitors from TO since I've been in Vancouver. Funny how it seems to bring a feeling of "home" when I see them. My first visitors, Dan, Mike and Eddie came 3 days after I landed - I don't think I unpacked yet, ha! They had planned a trip out to Whistler so I said come on over and I'll do the Van tour!! We saw all the usual sites - Granville Island, Gastown, Stanley Park and Lynn Canyon Suspension Bridge. Dan and I even went to a Canucks game! But I think the highlight was the food...lesson learned, never let a bunch of hungry boys order food for the table, you may go broke! ha. We had an amazing time up at Whistler. I can't remember the last time I was up there skiing - we were all in awe. The mountain is huge and there is endless skiing. No wonder it's a world class skiing destination - duh!

My next visitor was Pam. She was in town St. Paddy's weekend. We had an awesome time, it was all go-go-go, TO style! We enjoyed some girlie time shopping (doing some damage), going to see a show at the Arts Club Theatre, and checking out the Museum of Anthropology at UBC (photo below). Of course, we hit the Irish Bar St. Paddy's Day at "Irish Heather" in Gastown but found that the bars here are tame compared to TO. We are used to standing room only! And what happened to wearing green?!

ROB'S IN TOWN!!! The weather even co-operated and it was the warmest and sunniest it's been since I've been here. He arrived on a Friday night so we had a nice dinner out. We did not have a jam-packed weekend - it was just nice spending time together and showing him my city. For once I was in the driver seat telling him where to go and what to do :) He made a sweet gesture to take my parents out for dimsum, and even helped fix a few things around the house so he definitely got the thumbs up from them, ha! We also made plans to go up to Whistler for 2 days of skiing and had the best conditions ever. Another friend Paul also visiting from TO joined us in Whistler - he was a trooper to come out still even after rolling his ankle 2 weeks prior playing tennis and tearing his ligament!!!
 |
| I was not kdding about the sunshine - see the ray of light on our face?! |
 |
| I guess I wore the boys out! |
 |
| Paul thrilled to be in Whistler for the first time |
The NAMster is in town Easter weekend!! So I picked her up in the wee hours of the night - I'm guessing she partied in TO before coming, HA! We had an awesome time chilling although I have never known this girl to chill! We went for a swim, played tennis, did some shopping and had a nice dinner and drinks out. Perfect date or what?!
No comments:
Post a Comment