Well, I finally moved back into my house on Labour Day Weekend after being away for 6.5 months. The house was spotless, probably even cleaner than I left it, ha! The tenants (friends of Rob's) were great taking care of the house. They loved the neighborhood so much that they bought a house closeby (well...about 30-40 minutes walk but still, relatively close).
It was so nice to see all the neighbors again. I got hugs and kisses from everybody. They were getting updates about me from Rob while I was away and sharing with other neighbors. One neighbor said "I heard about your tennis job...that sounds great", another one said "I heard Rob went over to visit a couple of times, that's nice" and this neighbor has never even met Rob! I was getting calls from friends/neighbors that were across the street at the tennis courts (as they heard I was back) bugging me to "come out to play"...boy, did I feel like a kid again, ha! I took Jake to the neighborhood park and he was yanking at the leash as we got closer dying to get to the park, as if he recognized the smell of "his park" :)
So when people ask me why I like living in Toronto, I tell them that it's the community I love being in!
Naturally, I'm having a neighborhood party for my homecoming this weekend :)

No comments:
Post a Comment